John Deere Hy-Gard Transmission and Hydraulic Oil
An exclusive formulation, specifically designed to protect John Deere transmissions, final drives, and hydraulic systems.
Hy-Gard transmission and hydraulic oil is a unique oil developed by John Deere engineers to meet the exact needs of John Deere machines. Hy-Gard fluid is a multi-viscosity fluid with a high-viscosity index. Hy-Gard viscosity places it between ISO 46 and 68 grades. Hy-Gard may be used in many applications specifying either of these grades.
- The exclusive Hy-Gard formula was designed for use in John Deere equipment; however, it can also be used in many non-John Deere transmission and hydraulic systems
Features and Bennefits:
- Performance-tested both in lab and in field, and approved by John Deere engineers to meet increased demands for performance and protection of transmissions and hydraulic oils
- A polymeric viscosity improver helps Hy-Gard retain its proper viscosity over a wide range of operating temperatures. For Hy-Gard to work efficiently, it must flow readily through any part of the system. Oil that is too light can cause increased wear; too heavy will cause sluggish operation and lower mechanical efficiency.
- Reduces wet-brake chatter, assures high braking capacity
- Superior wet-clutch performance smoothes clutch operation
- High tolerance to water contamination without sludge formation, which could cause filter clogging and hydraulic system malfunction –anti-oxidation capability allows oil to work properly at high temperatures, helping keep transmissions and hydraulic system moving parts clean
- Provides protection against rust and corrosion, particularly during low-use periods
- Anti-wear additives keep gear and bearing wear to a minimum – extreme pressure film in Hy-Gard helps prevent metal-to-metal contact
- Hy-Gard oil can be used in most applications calling for 10W-30 or 5W-30 engine oil for transmission and hydraulic oils. Note: Hy-Gard should be used in all applications calling for JDM J20C